Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Practical today went alright. Electricity didn't come out for Physics, oh joy! And with that, I'll never have to do another practical again, for as long as I live, though I don't know if that's a good thing or not...

Another thing is, technically speaking, I'm not part of IJ anymore (it was so strange to type that). It's... odd, and I don't feel it yet. Someone is screaming at the back of my head but it sounds like static and I'm mostly too tired to notice anyway. And when it hits me it will be an excruciating, bittersweet pain.

Met Chris and Eunice at the bus stop (they're band people). Asked about the band schedule during the hols, so that I know when to go down to get my saxophone.

No, hold on. It's not mine anymore. And it really hurts to say that.

Do you know what it's like? To know how much to loosen when its temperamental, or when the reed is just perfectly seasoned such that you get just the right sound? To play something that feels like a natural extension of yourself, to know its keys and smooth curves by heart?

I've never handled something with such practiced ease before. I'll miss carrying its reassuring weight by my side. But I know that I lack the skill, patience and discipline to continue with it.

I have to let go of so many things. It's more difficult than I care to admit. But then again, we can't always have what we want, it takes all the fun out of life. And of course, the price of getting what one desires is actually getting it.

Sorry if I'm in one of my goth moods. I seem to have a talent at making myself more depressed...

Hallo Adeline. Thanks, you take care too.

It's the online journal network, Lareina. If you try hard enough, you can get anywhere from most people's linking. Hallo to you too!

Thanks so much Amanda. Left something on your board. I love you.

Oh, and before I forget:
Happy 21st birthday Victoria!!!