Saturday, September 11, 2004

THIS IS TOR. NOT GLORIA. I am doing this because Gloria said I was least likely to do this quiz. But you know what, I am bohliao enough. And also I am a sucker for dumb quizzes.

1. WHAT IS YOUR FULL NAME?
I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate me. Not Ho Limin Gloria Sarah

2. WHAT kind of PANTS ARE YOU WEARING NOW?
A dark grey assymetrical skirt with dark red stripes from Jesiree and a red psuedo-cheongsam style top from random shop in far east plaza. Why does the author of this quiz assume everyone wears pants all the tims? I've just come back from a law firm do and had to don corporate dress for the afternoon. I don't usually wear skirts though.

3. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Literally, the usual library noses, keyboard clicking, electronic beeping, footsteps, and people talking and surreptitiously eating. In general, Stacey Kent a jazz singer my friend introduced me to (err not in person although we saw a gig of hers).

4. WHAT ARE THE LAST 4 DIGITS OF YOUR PHONE NUMBer?
I don't have a landline. Part of my cost saving drive. Other initiatives include not getting broadband. (i hear disbelieving exclamations) It is very ex here.

5. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Glass of white wine- at the corporate thing

6. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
yellow. The colour of sunflowers, a nice warm day, and bolbol.

7. HOW IS THE WEATHER RIGHT NOW?
yully. normal london weather. about 23 degrees even in summer. i think it is spitting with rain a bit.

8. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Florian (my flatmate's) mother, who I had to collect from the tube station last night as she and his sister is staying in his room in london while he travels in Malaysia and Singapore with his girlfriend (my other flatmate, CAt).

9. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX?
How goofy/nerdy they look and how likely it is that he will be interesting to talk to.

10. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT YOU THIS?
Most of the time. Well, actually yes. Gloria is an interesting and strange girl I would be happy to be friends with if she were not my sister. However, when we were growing up, I always thought I was the main point and she was just around to keep me company. Haha! I think I may be very very lucky that she does not hate me. (Right?)

.11. HOW ARE YOU TODAY?
Very happy since I've got 2 job offers with big firms here. Through sheer bloodymindedness and working very very hard. As you can see I am not a modest person.

12. FAVORITE DRINK?
I drink a lot of water. I like tea also. Absolutely hate any soft drink. Caffeine makes me jumpy.

13. WHATS YOUR FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK?
A cocktail called the HAkka at Hakkasan-- its got lychee liquer and a whole crushed passion fruit in it. Obviously with all the skins and stuff removed. I like Pimms and lemonade also.

.14. FAVORITE SPORTS?
Err, pool? Definitely not horseriding. Sex?

15. HAIR COLOR?
highlighted brown streaks and black. A chinese girl from China I met also said I don't look very Chinese... but she may just have been confused by the hair. which is cut by a jap hairstylist.

16. REAL EYE COLOR?
black.

17. DO U WEAR CONTACTS?
yes

18. SIBLINGS AND THEIR AGES?
Gloria, 12 in my mind, 16 in real life, and prolly ageless in her own mind.

19. FAVORITE MONTH?
July. Holiday time!

20. FAVORITE FOOD?
laksa from s11, sambal stingray, hokkien fried noodle, or loa (oyster omlette), beef hor fun from novena, chicken curry from dhoby ghaut kopitiam, chendol, AJ ice kacang, chilli kangkong, indian rojak, and running a distant second- spaghetti al vongole (clams) DAMN I MISS SG FOOD 2 years ago when I did a quiz like this i didnt list any sg food at all!

21. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Supersize me!! Watch it!!

.22. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR?
don't have a specific favourite day. First day of my first holiday of the year seems like the closest bet.

23. ARE YOU TOO SHY TO ASK SOMEONE OUT?
Haha, yeah right.

24. DO YOU LIKE SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY?
Both! I liked Before Sunset a lot... and The Village and The Devil's Backbone, and Ju On 2 which freaked me out so much I couldn't sleep... but i also like studio ghibli and interesting shows like futurama and sex and the city. ok slightly out of point.

.25. SUMMER OR WINTER?
definitely summer. i used to say winter but that was before i discovered its actually NOT romantic at all-- it just looks it in books and movies.

26. HUGS OR KISSES
I like giving both and having both too! Eee.. I sound like some crazy sailor moon type character.

.28. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA?
Mango sorbet

29. DO YOU WANT YOUR FRIENDS TO WRITE BACK?
Friends? What friends? They're all too busy looking for jobs at the moment.

30. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
No one since only glor and me write here.

.31. WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Glor as she's already done it

32. WHAT BOOK(S)ARE YOU READING?
Tears of the Giraffe-- Alexander McCall Smith, Croatia guidebook.

33. WHAT'S ON YOUR SCREEN SAVER?
Some wierd fish screen-- fish swim around like in an aquarium... sometimes there are sharks.

.34. FAVORITE BOARD GAME?
I like cluedo too.

35. WHAT DID YOU DO LAST NIGHT?
Cleaned the house, fetched Florian's mum. Cooked fried beehoon that went all sticky and clumpy (does anyone know how to get the bee hoon to not stick together?) with prawns and vege and egg and tom yam paste. it tasted quite nice but I didn't have msg so it didnt taste like proper bee hoon. did some washing, ironed some clothes and looked at some paperwork for the job. yes i am sad.

36. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Bolbol smell, which smells like me. Gloria's bolster smell, which smells like Glor. Nice food smells but only when I am hungry, disinfectant smell when I have just finished cleaning the floor. It makes me feel happy when my floor is very clean.

37. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? Where's bolbol?

.38. WHAT DAY IS TODAY? friday.

39.WAD ARE YOU THINKING OF NOW? I have to go meet my boyfriend for dinner oops I am late. I am quite thirsty. Also, should I go home and change my shoes because they are quite pointy and hard to walk in.

40.WHO ARE YOUR BESTFRENS?
In SG, Sheena, Eldred tho he's in CAnada now, Bunn (in HK), Grace from IJ, Terrence and Janet from AJ. Here, Kenny, Cat, Florian, JD, Carmel (in NY now), Liane (my ex supervisor... funny how we became friends) and Charles and William (who are a couple).

41. WHO IS YOUR SOUL MATE?
Bolbol.

.42.WHO DO YOU RESPECT THE MOST?
Neil Gaiman. He is a genius.

.43.WHO DID YOU LAST CHAT WITH ONLINE?
I absolutely do not remember. It may have been terrence.

.44.WHO IS THE LAMEST PERSON YOU KNOW?
my father

45.DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON ANYONE NOW?
no

.46.WHO ALWAYS CHEERS YOU UP WHEN YOU ARE DOWN?
James, Glor when I talk to her cos she is so preoccupied with the small things that I wish I were so carefree, Kenny, Carmel-- she is so optimistic its crazy. her motto is: nothing bad ever happens! Mummy- she is really funny. Cecely- She is always so gloomy I feel that my life is actually not so bad after all.

.48.WHICH IS YOUR WORST SUBJECT? haha! chinese also. maths maybe. at uni, LAw and Institutions of the EU which is actually as boring as it sounds.

GOOD LUCK FOR EXAMS EVERYONE ESPECIALLY GLOR!