Friday, January 06, 2006

Photos from Paris

Still don't understand 'nyan'. I suppose it's similar to my comforting phrase, 'bolbol'. Here are some photos from G and T's trip to Paris.

The view from inside the glass pyramid at the Louvre. The overcast sky ruins the picture. Next time I'll post a better one I took of mummy in the same position with a clear blue sky. I don't have it in my laptop now.

Here is Glor in front of the famous english language bookshop across the river from the Notre Dame. It's where the first scene in Before Sunset was filmed, so needless to say, it's a damn romantic location lah!


Here's me eating snails. Mmm. Tasty. The vacant expression on my face is my reaction to Glor eating a raw piece of flesh.



Here it is:

In front of the Eiffel Tower.



'Artistic' shot of the Sacre Coeur. Hey, it's hard to take a good photo juggling a quiche and a blueberry tart and trying to sit down at the same time, ok. Also, squillions of tourists had the same brilliant idea of chilling out on the steps.



View from the top:



And to show the contrast in the quality of pictures taken by my camera above (no brand camera, cost=S$100) and James's camera which I used to use all the time (Canon Ixus V3, cost=S$800), here is a photo of Florian I took at his graduation at UCL:



Florian= my ex-flatmate and Cat's boyfriend. Cat=



Yes, that really is Bentham's dead body. Except the head, which was replaced with a plastic model because KCL students kept breaking in, stealing the head and playing football with it. Apparently he is still wheeled into every UCL board meeting in accordance with his will. He is marked present but not voting. And below is a really good photo of James lim-ing kopi in Brighton. Damn I miss that camera.

Even though the background isn't much to look at, the colours are so vivid!

Here the background is nicer but obscured by us people. Still at Brighton. Beside me is Nicolas, James's friend and his crushee, Sabrina. Note my budding mummy-ish tendency to shield my face from harmful sunlight.

I don't know why I never thought of posting photos up here before. Maybe it's because of how bloody long it takes. I'm gonna put everything up on flickr so Glor (and anyone else) can look at it there. Except I don't actually know how to link it to my flickr account. hm. Glor?

I think this is how: http://www.flickr.com/photos/49514497@N00/

I might put up some nice ones from my Greece trip next. They're probably safer online than sitting around in my hard drive waiting to be stolen.