Wednesday, December 01, 2004

TOR:
I've got so much work to do but am too sian to do it. I can't believe I'm burnt out already! But then considering I did 5 essays in one month on top of all the Jessup research I had to do which was equivalent to doing one essay per week-- that's only to be expected. And I'm feeling all relaxed, even languid this morning because we had a really nice dinner last night too at Ubon by Nobu. The super-ultra-hyped-up Jap restaurant that all the Canary Wharf investment bankers frequent for a working sushi dinner before heading back to the office at 10pm for more bloody-minded ball-breaking deal-making.

What exactly I was doing there, I don't know. It was my friend's 21st so I thought, might as well, she doesn't turn 21 everyday, plus Nobu is meant to be famous and we should splash out once in a while just to say, we've tried it and it's crap. As it turned out, it wasn't crap at all. I had grilled scallops for a starter, creamy spicy prawns for main then green tea ice cream. I must say it was delicious, but probably not worth S$100. Don't tell mummy. Neil Gaiman's favourite dish, black cod with miso, turned out to be ok (birthday girl tried it) but not worth S$68. Besides, I think I can cook cod just as well. (I don't dare say better)

Anyway, here I am, S$100 lighter and not feeling up to tackling the mound of research stuff I have to read, sift through and bash into an award-winning argument. And I still haven't packed. But here I am, blogging away irresponsibly, and all I can think is the celebrity's favourite line: Get me out of here!