Saturday, August 28, 2004

There was a homeless bum on my street when I got home today. He was shouting, 'I'll be honest with you! I need money to buy cannabis! I won't lie, I want to get high! I want cash, to buy some hash!'

I didn't give him any money.

Neither did I give him any drugs, although there was a man selling magic mushrooms on Neal Street. It's funny how big, black Rastafarians come up to me in Picadilly Circus and ask me if I want a spliff. I imagine how I must look to them, cute little Jap girl (usually presumed) amused by their sleazy overtures.

Last night there was a fire in front of my flat. The fire brigade came and quickly put it out, so luckily no one was hurt. Apparently some idiot deposited a load of furniture in front of out flat and tried to set it on fire. I don't think anyone hates me that much, do they? It's a scary thought but it's occurred to me that it may have been one of Kenny's spurned potential sugar daddys. Well not much about this city really surprises me anymore. It could have been a random drunk person.