Sunday, April 03, 2005

Have just gotten nearly settled into new school, and class.

I generally like my new schoolmates, though they're not the sort of people I'd usually be friends with. Here we go again, that snobbish side of me rearing up again like during MI. But really, truly being friends with them is not worth the effort for me, why should I arrange my personality to suit theirs? As long as I'm nice to them, they're nice to me too, so I think I'll just leave it at that.

Trying to settle on a CCA is giving me grief. Band, astro and fencing were all on Friday afternoon, gah. Went for fencing in the end, think I'll end up joining that. Guitar orientation and fencing training clash on Wednesday though, haven't quite made up my mind about that yet.

Didn't bother to turn up for choir yesterday morning, it would mean that I'm under some obligation to join and I'm simply too damned sick of a being in an unrewarding performance arts group to do so. My mistake was putting my name down before I heard them perform, I think.

Read the papers this morning. The leader of our Roman Catholic church is dead, and the golden age of sci-fi has come to an end with the wrapping up of Star Trek and Star Wars.

I've never been particularly... devoted to my religion, but I've always thought that the Pope was extremely cool. He's one of the few people who have made an impact on the world, the sort of person who's going to go down in history books and be remembered, not just for what he was, but also who he was. We mourn the passing of a great man.

Gah! No more Star Trek! No more anticipating a new Star Wars movie! I'm not a particularly huge fan of either (perhaps with the exception of Voyager), but I've always enjoyed the genre. Always wanted to properly get into Star Trek, perhaps one day I will.

I really am quite upset with these recent events, along with a few more that's none of my business to blog, but I am Gloria Ho and I will let go, quit whining and deal with it, because I know there's more to come.

Change is inevitable, and we must adapt with the world.