Wednesday, June 30, 2004

TOR

Hi. I know I'm meant to write something interesting for you but i've failed sadly and miserably in that task. Apart from having no internet access (new house) i've been trying to get in as many training contract applications as i can and not screw up my internship in the meantime. So this is a pathetic, sorry excuse for how boring i have become. There are times when I suddenly look up in the middle of a sober client meeting and think, i wonder what would happen if i stood up. said what i thought, and walked away. 'You guys suck'. 'Just take the freakin £50m and stop quibbling about the £30m can?'. But no. I am a conformist and deep down, I just wanna be like lots and lots of other people in suits. Who have proper jobs and contribute as valuable members of society. And act and talk and think in the same way.

Do you know in VJ we did a lit text called Regeneration, about shell shocked soldiers who find it difficult to integrate into society? One character goes missing at some point and is found lying naked on the muddy earth next to a tree with dead animals surrounding him. 'I am one with the earth', he says. It is a metaphor for man's struggle to find somewhere to belong (blah blah waffle). But you know, that's kinda how I feel right now. I'm quite happy to let my identity be subsumed, it's not quite as dramatic as it sounds, because we all have to conform to the extent that working in an office demands it, but it feels slightly dangerous for me because I don't even feel like as if I have a fully formed identity in the first place?

Ok rambling on does not a interesting post make. I will leave you to it, random reader. And glor of course. Hi!