Sunday, May 02, 2004

This is tor.

And this is the kind of crap I have to write every day:

This argument is made by analogy to the situation where, when an imperfect gift is made, equity will not permit a donor to change his mind if it would be unconscionable for him to do so. It is submitted that, in this case, it would be unconscionable and contrary to the principles of equity to allow the donor’s executors to act against his intention to make a donatio to the appellant. Just as it would be unconscionable for the donor to resile his gift in his lifetime, it would be unconscionable for his executors to do so after his death.

Check out how many times I have to use the word 'unconscionable'. My brain is no longer in a functioning state. To people who are interested in doing law, you will enjoy it if you find the above paragraph endlessly fascinating. To people interested in doing law for the money, make sure you are capable of getting through physical truckloads of this stuff to get to the money. Even by using unwanted pages of cases as rough paper for printing, rough writing, etc, I still have 4 boxes full.

On a slightly lighter note, I cooked and thoroughly enjoyed eating sambal fish yesterday! I used the wrong type of fish, and the skin stuck to the pan, but hey, I cooked sambal fish! That's the extent of the highlights in my day. Other highlights: discovering a jar of jelly beans in cupboard, smelling my bolster, and disappearance of itchy leg rash.

Well, there was the arrival of my malta tickets as well... I'm going to malta! Right after my exams. I'm flying to the southernmost country in the mediterranean for a week of scuba, lolling around on beaches, and loads of nice italian food! Ok Glor, don't tell mummy, but I'm going to get my scuba license. This will be my first holiday doing whatever I like, whenever, however, etc. No bloody chan brothers tours or shopping-obsessed singaporean students.

5 days of scuba in one of the most remote and beautiful underwater locations on earth. Then another two days to recover from all that nitrogen by hanging out at the beaches, interesting small towns, etc. Makes this tedium almost worth it.